Keto Meal Plan
Increasingly , one of the ketogenic diet popularized the diet tar. In the past only apply in order to support the treatment of certain diseases moment ketogenic diet in order to weaken implementation now is k . In the ketogenic diets, the distribution of energy obtained by diet is quite different from the other diets. content is low, protein content is medium and fat content is quite high. In this context, ketogenic diets, which is a nutrition program consisting of prohibitions usually included in diets, has increased its popularity for this reason. Ketogenic nutrition, which has been the subject of numerous researches and is still being investigated, has proven effects in reducing the symptoms of some diseases. In addition, it is known that this type of diet, which is also preferred as a slimming diet, has some damages on the body and it is a form of nutrition that is not highly sustainable and cannot be maintained for a long time. It is very difficult to apply and due to the possible harm to the body, people who follow this diet are required to be constantly under medical supervision.
It is possible to say that ketogenic diet is also a form of nutrition. You are trying to teach your body, which is accustomed to getting its energy from carbohydrates, to get it from fat. You will surely need an adaptation process.
To apply the ketogenic diet, you must first group the free and forbidden foods.
Foods that can be easily eaten : healthy fats such as butter, olive oil, dried fruits, milk and dairy products, meat types, avocado and eggs.
Prohibited foods : High-carbohydrate foods such as bread, pasta, rice, fruits ( you can eat a small amount once a day ), root vegetables, corn syrup, glucose syrup containing secret sugar such as juice, honey, molasses and so on. foods.
But remember: What should be considered in the ketogenic diet?
Ketogenic diets, which have very different nutrient contents for healthy and balanced diet, can cause many health effects. These can be listed as follows.
- As mentioned above, there is a possibility that ketosis may occur due to increased ketone bodies in the blood.
In ketogenic diets where hunger is developed, the body tends to slow down the metabolic rate in order to adapt to hunger. This may result in a slower metabolic rate at the end of the diet and consequently the complete recovery of weight loss following the discontinuation of the diet.
- In the ketogenic nutrition plans, which are mostly made up of fats, fiber foods are almost negligible. This situation causes many bowel problems, especially constipation.
- High-fat diet, the amount of free fatty acids circulating in the blood due to the production of energy from fats, and increased intake of cholesterol and other blood lipids due to insufficient pulp intake, poses a great risk for cardiovascular diseases.
- Ketogenic diets put a heavy burden on the liver. Therefore, these diets should not be continued for a long time and people with any disease in the liver should not use a ketogenic diet in order to avoid risks such as the development of liver failure. Before starting the diet, it is essential to check whether the liver enzymes are within normal limits.
- The main energy source of the brain is glucose. Therefore, people with ketogenic diet may experience slowing of cognitive functions and retardation due to the fact that glucose is obtained indirectly from non-carbohydrate sources.
- In some scientific studies, it is concluded that people who apply any of the low carbohydrate nutrition programs, including ketogenic diets, are more likely to develop cardiac arrhythmia than normal nourished individuals.
For these reasons, the ketogenic diet should only be administered to patients who can be kept under control when the physician considers it appropriate and there are no other options.
What does the ketogenic diet list include?
Basic carbohydrates such as bread and cereals and bakery products are not included in the diet. The limited amount given for carbohydrates is already overly met by dairy products such as vegetables, oilseeds and yogurt. The remaining portion of the oil sources of cream, cream, mayonnaise, olive oil, butter and nuts, peanuts, almonds, walnuts are met from oil seeds. The content of the ketogenic diet list varies according to the fat and carbohydrate-protein content ratio of the diet. The most common diet rates are 4/1 and 3/1. The right to protein determined in the diet content can be met from eggs, red and white meat or fish. Because it is a sample protein and balanced structure, it is beneficial to choose egg in ketogenic diets.
Salads flavored with sauces prepared with cream, mayonnaise and olive oil may be preferred in the main meals as well as protein sources such as meat, chicken and fish. If the right of yoghurt and carbohydrates is sufficient in the snacks, an amount of oatmeal may be preferred which may help to reduce the risk of diet due to its cholesterol-lowering effect.
Since the diet content is very low, in addition to 3 main meals, 1 snack is usually divided into 4 different meals. Changes in dietary nutrients can be made on the ketogenic diet sample provided that daily carbohydrate, protein and fat rights are not exceeded. If you want to apply a ketogenic diet, you should first contact a health care provider. If you do not encounter any obstacles in front of your diet after applying the doctor and dietitian, you can start the diet that will be prepared for you in a planned and controlled manner provided that you do not interrupt your examinations.